Why should you order data so you could find them easily?
GDPR does not directly state that documents should be ordered in such a way that you could find them in case of need, however, it can be indirectly derived from several GDPR Articles:
- Article 5 Principle e) that states that personal data shall be: “kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed”.
- Data subject rights stated in Article 15: “The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed”.
- Data subject rights stated in Article 16: “The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her”.
- Data subject rights stated in Article 17: “The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay”.
- Principle 59: “The controller should be obliged to respond to requests from the data subject without undue delay”.
To ensure the mentioned data subject rights without undue delay, bulky paper documents containing personal data should be ordered according to established parameters so the required personal data can be found quickly.
Order your data now!